Monday, May 12, 2008

2 weeks left!

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you, Allison! Every day she sends out an inspirational message for runners, and this one is especially heartening with two weeks to go and some doubt still remaining.

I ran 15 miles yesterday in South Hero, which is GORGEOUS, by the way. Perfect blue sky, warm sun, shaggy llamas and calves, oven views of the lake, fabulous kitchy yard decorations. I felt really good the first half, tired in the middle, and gave in to walking a bit around mile 12-13 when I hit a hill. Ran the last of it though! I had thought of adding on an extra mile at the end because 16 miles seems a lot more accomplished than 15, but a creemee stand was waiting at mile 15 and I think everyone could have guessed how the last mile was going to turn out.

I felt tired but not injured during and after yesterday's run. Ate a huge dinner and fell asleep at 9 p.m. Today... wicked sore. I stretched and felt better but not 100%. I think more stretching and I'll be ready for tomorrow's 5 mile run.


No comments:

Post a Comment