Monday, February 22, 2010

My appendix pains each time it rains

Remember that Shel Silverstein poem about the kid with a million symptoms that make her too sick to go to school? That's how I felt about running all last week. I've had a headache off and on for 10 days, bouts of insomnia that left me with 3-4 hours of sleep for too many nights, too much stress, too little nutrition -- my list is as long as Peggy Ann McKay's, who could not go to school that day.

The upshot (or down shot, really) is that I skipped every workout this week. Ugh. Every single one. I went from a long run last Sunday to a long run yesterday and it wasn't pretty. Some of my flailing last week was out of my control, but the nutrition piece would have made a difference in how sluggish and exhausted I felt during yesterday's run. I finished 8 miles (a lot of it walking) and felt like I had done 18. Seriously, what's up with that?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kid...Don't get stressed, we have plenty of time for VCM. Start small, try to get a string of 2-3 workouts and then it will turn into a week. Don't look to far ahead, just work on today...

    chad

    ReplyDelete