Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2 weeks - no Rice Krispies treats

Not that I'm counting, but I went two weeks without eating a Rice Krispies treat for breakfast. I celebrated by eating a Rice Krispies treat with my lunch.

My favorite local store, Keeler's Bay Variety, is run by a really nice family and they make really delicious Rice Krispies treats. These are not factory packaged, air-sealed hard tack knock-offs. These are soft, home-made generously large treats lovingly wrapped in cellophane and stacked in a pyramid no one can resist.

I'm not sure how I lived into my 30s without realizing how perfect a well-made Rice Krispie treat tastes with a good cup of coffee, but once that discovery was made I found it very, very difficult to stop for morning coffee and pass up those sweet golden bundles by the cash register.

But now, I must resist. Jess, my training guru, said making the RKTs an occasional reward is ok, and that I didn't need to quit cold turkey. (She stopped herself from suggesting turkey is a healthier choice than empty calories caked in marshmellows.)

No comments:

Post a Comment