Sunday, February 4, 2007

About that shoe fitting....

One of the sponsors of the marathon is an athletic shoe store and they provided a little seminar on how running shoes are constructed, how your feet are shaped and how the two ought to fit together. Early on, the women were warned not to choose running shoes based on looks, which I totally resented. Not because it's untrue, but because men play into the same superficial attractions in sportswear that women do. (How the hell else do you explain Air Jordan?)

Once I knew what kind of shoes I should be running, the option appeared: 3 pairs of shoes in varying shades of ugly purple, a pair in shocking white-and-turquoise, and pair in sparkly green-and-white. I have to admit, the ugly factor made the first pairs feel like they didn't fit. But between the turquoise and green shoes, I picked the better-fitting but bizarrely bright blue shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment