Sunday, April 3, 2011

15 miles, feels like a new day!

Weather can make an amazing difference! Today was 45 degrees, clear blue sky, bright sun, brisk off the ice off the white ice on the lake, fields free of snow. Very nice, indeed.

I dialed up a playlist for today's run that was accidentally inspiring. A few tracks:

"I'm The Best" Nicki Minaij
This fed delusions of grandeur around Mile 7, "I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely...I'm the best, best! I'm doing it, doing it! I'm the best, best..."

"The Outsiders" Needtobreathe
"Why are we keeping score? Cause if you're not laughing, who is laughing now?" A good reality check and reminder stop looking at the Garmin and just enjoy running.

"I Want You Back" cover by Jer Coons
My interpretation of the Jackson 5 classic is me singing to my marathon goals, "I was blind to let you go... I want you back now..."

"OK, It's Alright By Me" Eric Hutchinson
This was perfect around Mile 12 when my pace was flagging but I kept going.

"I Have Dreams" Brandi Carlisle
This song sent me into the home stretch. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment