Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dear Patti, How About Antarctica In 3 Months?

I signed up for the Antarctica Marathon in January 2012 and the earliest spot they had available was for the March 2016 race; they wait-listed me for 2015 and assured me that people drop out and I could reasonably count on running it then. I've had 2015 in my mind ever since: 15 months from now, and hopefully two of my best marathons yet will be completed before then.

And then today, New Year's Eve, I got this email from the race organizers:

Dear Patti,
 
You currently have a deposit with us for a future Antarctica Marathon. We are sending this email since we just had a cancellation in a private cabin on the Vavilov for the 2014 adventure.
 
We know that this is short notice, but let us know if you are interested. 
 
Best regards for a healthy and joyous New Year.

I'm fairly confident that if I attempt this race in three months that my New year will not be healthy or joyous. That, and I'm looking at temps for tomorrow's 5K with trepidation....

No comments:

Post a Comment